Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so recently I had to get a new battery for my car because the battery went bad. It's been about a week of driving it, everything has been fine and all of a sudden tonight it turned completely off and died while it was driving. Last time I checked the alternator had no problems and I just got a new connector for my battery as well as a new starter recently. Any guesses ? I won't put it completely out that the alternator could have gone bad in the last 2 months since I've had it checked but I don't see why it would have.

· Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
95 Posts
either the new battery is defective which could happen or the alternator is bad. either way you need to check both. Hopefully you bought a new battery with a warranty. Hopefully you have no aftermarket accessories hooked up in the car that could be draining the battery. hope this helps.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
either the new battery is defective which could happen or the alternator is bad. either way you need to check both. Hopefully you bought a new battery with a warranty. Hopefully you have no aftermarket accessories hooked up in the car that could be draining the battery. hope this helps.
Well I replaced my old battery with a warranty that was about to expire so the same expiration date applies to this one. Hopefully it hasn't passed that day yet. I don't believe there's anything aftermarket on my car besides non electric body parts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.