Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mile is 151980 on my 2008 g6 after pullin home stoped car all my antifreeze shot out and car was runing hott. Thought maybe i didnt put lid bac on tight after checkin earlyer and it was that ..next time i drove asa i got on highway shot up real hot and i pulled over to cool was able to make it back home checked the heat noticed that it wasn't getting hot asumed my temperature gaid was out replaced and refiled antifreeze.. It didnt help still runing hot seems colent not movin in resavor..waited 4 hours then it burbed to engin ... Im nervous to move it help

·
4,064 Posts
you still have air in your system, and in the heater core. Here is what you need to do.
with reservoir full, and heater turned on full blast, start car until cooling fans come on, I think its about 130 degrees. then shut off. let engine cool and some coolant should have been sucked up. Then refill reservoir and do it all over again. until air comes out hot and no more is sucked up. sometimes you'll get lucky and while car is running the coolant will start getting sucked up, if that happen open up reservoir and keep filling until it stops sucking it up.

hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts