Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recirculation door actuator clicks continuously, so I'm trying to replace it. The service manual says to remove the OnStar module and bracket to get to it, but I can't figure out how to remove the last screw holding the module to its bracket. The screw head is on the back and there is not enough room to use a screwdriver or wrench.

In the below pictures, the OnStar module is on the right, silver in color, with cables coming out of the bottom. Its bracket is gold-colored. The actuator is at the top center, with a black cable running to it with a blue connector and red/green wires. The screw I'm having trouble with is at the far end of the bracket, directly under the actuator.

·
Registered
480 Posts
When I had a similar issue on another car I managed to put a removable screwdriver bit in a small C clamp and got just enough leverage to get it to turn. Not sure if it will help in your case.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is enough room for a wrench behind the OnStar module. Just have to get the right socket length (long enough to clear the module, but not so long it won't fit). I used a 1/4" nut driver bit in a right angle screwdriver with a 10mm nut driver bit in it (one nut driver bit inside the other). I was able to remove the actuator without removing the OnStar module bracket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts