Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about selling my 09 GXP Sedan and when I went to KBB to get a value estimate they had a 2009.5 designation as a separate option. It carries a value difference of only a few hundred dollars so I'm mainly curious about the changes that were made to cause it to have its own classification. Does anybody know what qualifies a car for that and what made the car different than a regular 2009? My car carries a 02/2009 build date so would it be safe to assume it would be a 2009.5 since February is fairly late in the build cycle? I have the two-tone gray/black interior and I haven't been able to pin down if that was a special option or if perhaps that's part of the 2009.5 group (I bought the car used).

And since I'm on the topic, anyone have any idea what the going real-life rate for a 2009 GXP Sedan is these days? Mine is white with the large chromies, 2 tone interior w/auto AC/heat controls, 39k miles, and in excellent condition (non-roof leaker and non-Street edition). KBB puts it at $18-19k but I know that's not a real life assessment so is $16-17k a more acceptable starting point? I hate to sell it as it is a fun car to drive but I still haven't found a job and the car is paid for so it's hard to justify having it sit in the garage when I could certainly use the extra money.

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
69 Posts
half way thru 2009 they changed the design abit ( front/rear bumper) if your bumper is difrent then 2005/2009 gxp you have a 2009.5

BTW. if you really like your car don't sell it unless you absolutley have no choice, cuz your gonna regret this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
half way thru 2009 they changed the design abit ( front/rear bumper) if your bumper is difrent then 2005/2009 gxp you have a 2009.5

BTW. if you really like your car don't sell it unless you absolutley have no choice, cuz your gonna regret this.
I'll have to check into the bumper thing. I know my front grille kidneys are longer than the pre-09s but I thought that was on all 09s.

As for regrets, thanks but I'm a Ford Mustang guy (I've owned 13) and half the money from the sale is going in the bank and the other half is buying a Mustang so there won't be any regrets. I'm very familiar with selling something only to regret it later though as I do regret selling my 2004 Mustang Mach 1 and no offense to my Pontiac half-brothers but that car could kick my GXP's butt up and down the street lol.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
I'm thinking about selling my 09 GXP Sedan and when I went to KBB to get a value estimate they had a 2009.5 designation as a separate option. It carries a value difference of only a few hundred dollars so I'm mainly curious about the changes that were made to cause it to have its own classification. Does anybody know what qualifies a car for that and what made the car different than a regular 2009? My car carries a 02/2009 build date so would it be safe to assume it would be a 2009.5 since February is fairly late in the build cycle? I have the two-tone gray/black interior and I haven't been able to pin down if that was a special option or if perhaps that's part of the 2009.5 group (I bought the car used).

And since I'm on the topic, anyone have any idea what the going real-life rate for a 2009 GXP Sedan is these days? Mine is white with the large chromies, 2 tone interior w/auto AC/heat controls, 39k miles, and in excellent condition (non-roof leaker and non-Street edition). KBB puts it at $18-19k but I know that's not a real life assessment so is $16-17k a more acceptable starting point? I hate to sell it as it is a fun car to drive but I still haven't found a job and the car is paid for so it's hard to justify having it sit in the garage when I could certainly use the extra money.

Thanks for all the help!
Is your Driver's Information Center in the radio, or on the speedometer?
Speedometer = 2009.5
Radio = Every other year.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is your Driver's Information Center in the radio, or on the speedometer?
Speedometer = 2009.5
Radio = Every other year.

~ MattInSoCal
In the speedometer! So I guess I have the 09.5. I'm guessing the fact that I have the direct MP3/headphone jack on the front of the radio probably makes it different too. Thanks!

Anybody have any thoughts on how much I should ask for my GXP? I want to price it right without coming across as a greedy jack-asz when I put it on Craigslist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts