Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2009.5 G6 GT with OnStar and unfortunately it is not Bluetooth ready. My question is, does anyone know of a factory upgrade for the radio or OnStar module to make it bluetooth ready? If there is no factory (GM) upgrade has anyone had any experience with BlueStar from costartech.com?

Any advice or input is much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know that GM has a module that works with the OnStar system. Are you sure you don't have it? Do you have the premium audio system? My '09 Aura has it, it's linked in with OnStar and very easy to overlook. The only way to access it, is to hold the "talk/mute" button on the steering wheel, wait until it says "Ready" and say "Bluetooth" if you have it, the OnStar advisor lady will say "Bluetooth Menu". I really like it, but sometimes it doesn't work the greatest... I thought it was standard equipment on most 2009 GM vehicles, but I could be wrong?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have the 2009 not the 2009.5 and my system came with the bluetooth option - not sure if its a selectable option on certain vehicles but it 'should' be there for ya. Hope your able to find what your looking for!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2009.5 G6 GT which came with keyfobs that indicate remote start capability but remote start is not installed and bluetooth controls on the steering wheel but the car will not recognize the bluetooth commands. I too would like to know if there are any aftermarket addons GM or otherwise allowing activation of these options.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in this same boat, any updates on G6 owners using Galaxy 1000 or Costar/Bluestar... or other options to link phone to vehicle?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts