Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2009.5 G6 GT. I have the Stock Radio w/AUX and XM (single disc). I am interested in getting a big better sound quality without digging super deep into my wallet. Is the stock radio output strong enough to support 3 way 6x9's and maybe new 6.5's in the door? I have looked everywhere and I cant really seem to find what the OEM output is on the radio. I am not really wanting to add an additional amp in the car, id like to stick with just the stock radio...Is it worth doing as I described? or will the sound be worse since the output may not be strong enough.

What are everyone thoughts.....

Thanks in advance.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
It would prob work easy if you don't have the monsoon system. If I were in your spot, I would re-wire the head unit and speakers to run to the trunk and put a 4 channel amp that has High inputs then put the higher wattage speakers in.

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
knowing that you dont exactly want to get a new deck...your 6.5s will be underpowerd along with your 6x9s rewire to an amp would help but if you dont want to do that a deck of some sort would...basically everything is underpowered if you get aftermarket speakers with no amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts