Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok folks, I have a couple "how-to" questions on installing an amp and subs in a 2009.5 g6. I have the basic installation down (running wires etc.) but im wondering if I need to follow the dash removal for the earlier models? Every post I see seems to be 2006-2008 models and my dash doesn't exactly look the same as the others so I am wondering if there was an easier way to remove it or if I still need to remove almost the entire dash just to get to my radio.Also I am keeping the factory stereo and going with an output converter (scosche output converter from walmart) and hooking it up, from what i read all I need to do with the stereo is splice in the remote wire but I am also wondering if I can do that somehow without removing the dash. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:beer:

P.S. I forgot to add that I do not have the monsoon system

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I used a converter as well since I kept my stock stereo. But there's no need to pull it out. Just tap into the rear speaker wires in the trunk. Mount your converter at the top by the speakers and its easily accessible whenever you need to get to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! By any chance can you tell me which wire is the positive or negative wire? That's my last obstacle besides finding the correct fuse to connect the remote wire to

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts