Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I've had my G6 now for 1 year and the Air seems to be only blowing heat. I had the ac charged during the summer last year and they checked it for leaks and none were found. The ac only worked for like 3 days and then it turned back to heat. Whether or not I have the fan on, it not only blows warm air but constantly really hot air. It's ok during the winter but I always have to keep the vents closed so it only blows out of the bottom vents so I don't get too hot. With spring and summer approaching I am wanting to get this taken care of now so I don't have to suffer another summer with no ac. I've checked the fuses and all are fine. Please let me where I can start from here. Thanks.

·
Gpof59
46 Posts
Possible that the blend door in the HVAC unit may be stuck in the heat position so no air goes through the A/C evaporator. Check to see if their is frost or condensation on the high pressure line from the condenser to the evaporator while the engine is running. If so,and you have warm air then I'd suspect the BLEND DOOR. Another possible cause would be a bad ad interior temp. sensor or control module. I would check out a repair shop that specilizes in A/C. These automatic climate control systems are pretty complex.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I've had my G6 now for 1 year and the Air seems to be only blowing heat. I had the ac charged during the summer last year and they checked it for leaks and none were found. The ac only worked for like 3 days and then it turned back to heat. Whether or not I have the fan on, it not only blows warm air but constantly really hot air. It's ok during the winter but I always have to keep the vents closed so it only blows out of the bottom vents so I don't get too hot. With spring and summer approaching I am wanting to get this taken care of now so I don't have to suffer another summer with no ac. I've checked the fuses and all are fine. Please let me where I can start from here. Thanks.
Manual or auto climate control? Check if the compressor clutch is engaging with a/c on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manual

Manual or auto climate control? Check if the compressor clutch is engaging with a/c on.
It is a manual climate control. 4 cyl stock model. The compressor clutch is engaging with the a/c on. I just had my mechanic at work look at it and he said the blend door is doing its job and he is stumped with why this is happening. So frustrating.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It is a manual climate control. 4 cyl stock model. The compressor clutch is engaging with the a/c on. I just had my mechanic at work look at it and he said the blend door is doing its job and he is stumped with why this is happening. So frustrating.
Has he put an A/C gauge set on it & checked the pressures?

It does not sound like the blend door/air temperature door is working right to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts