Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone I have a 09 base model with a 2.4l V4 engine. I have added a bass system to my car and 17 in' black rims. I would like to complete the appearance, every time my car starts up it sounds like a pussy because I have the stock muffler and have a 4 cylinder engine. I'm jealous of my friends '03 chevy silverado who has a v6 engine but put a flowmaster on to sound like a v8. I would like my car to have a kick to it and sound like a v6, my knowledge of mufflers is very little if someone can fill me in on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Unfortunately there is no way of making an engine sound like it has more cylinders than it actually does. You can try out different mufflers to get a more aggressive tone, but you are never going to make it sound like a v6. The only way to get the sound of a v6 is to get a v6.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
You should check out some clips of peoples exhausts on You Tube, you should be able to hear some different systems there of four cylinder cars and probably of G6's with the 2.4 in it. I know Magnaflow makes a good muffler, I put 2 of em on my GTP with the 3.9L and am really happy with the sound. Your other option is to go to an exhaust shop and talk to them about what type of resonator (if any) and muffler to go with. Best of luck to you!

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
rice rice baby

·
Registered
1 Posts
You should check out some clips of peoples exhausts on You Tube, you should be able to hear some different systems there of four cylinder cars and probably of G6's with the 2.4 in it. I know Magnaflow makes a good muffler, I put 2 of em on my GTP with the 3.9L and am really happy with the sound. Your other option is to go to an exhaust shop and talk to them about what type of resonator (if any) and muffler to go with. Best of luck to you!
that is what i am doing now. spending time looking for best car mufflers on you tube. so far i am comparing greddy, flowmaster, magnaflow. so far those are only the best ive found so far. looks like you are right about magnaflow. damn good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.