Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I recently blew my left door speaker so im looking to replace both of my front door speakers. I looked around on the forums and found that these speakers would be a good replacement. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086022I/Infinity-Reference-6022i.html?tp=95&tab=features_and_specs My question is since this speaker has a built in tweeter do i need to disconnect the OEM tweeter and connect those cables into this speaker as well? If not i still plan on disconnecting the tweeters b/c they suck lol and also i notice that the door panel has that crappy looking plastic mesh grill for the speakers if i install these speakers would i be able to use the nice grills that they come with? thanks

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
You would wire the 6.5" speaker like a regular speaker. No need to add the tweeter wires. You could possible cut a hole in your plastic door frame so you could fit the aftermarket grille in there, but it looks out of place and unclean. I would just leave it the way it is.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks man i appreciate it....now that i think about it your right that would look bad....what do you think about the speaker choice?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea but i can get em else where for 58 bucks i jus stole the link off of another thread...i have heard that these are good speakers and for the price it seems like a good deal to me

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
There not bad if thats what you want to hear. They definitely wouldnt be my first choice in speakers though. Whats your budget like?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
thats what i would do. I kind of doubt you'll ever put stock speakers back in. and i have never seen connectors to connect to them for aftermarket speakers

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea thats what i ended up doin i left a little lead on the connector just in case i have to put the stock speakers back in i can re connet em....I just need to get more speaker wire because they dont really give you alot of extra slack....any idea on what guage i should get? probably closest to stock right?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
yeah try to get as close to stock if possible. i cant remember what the gauge is at the moment. probably around 18-20awg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts