Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does this have to be such a hassle?

If I replace the stereo, I lose the DIC functions.
It's also a ridiculously expensive harness.

All I want to do is have a stereo I can connect via bluetooth to my phone so I can listen to my Spotify through my speakers while I drive.

Any idea as to what my options might be?

· Registered
17 Posts

All I want to do is have a stereo I can connect via bluetooth to my phone so I can listen to my Spotify through my speakers while I drive.

I had mine changed to a modern touchscreen with CarPlay - and paid a lot for the new harness. They were able to add a little LCD unit that preserved the DIC functions. It works great, and having my iPhone connect wirelessly is great - I can play Spotify, have Waze maps, hands free driving, etc. It was worth the money to have it done (approx $1600) and keep the Monsoon amplifier and speakers. The sound is awesome.
Les

· Registered
7 Posts

I just replaced my wife’s radio with a Boss from Crutchfield. It has car play, touch screen, steering wheel controls, and sounds even better than before. The instructions, and service from Crutchfield are great.

· Registered
51 Posts
I had mine changed to a modern touchscreen with CarPlay - and paid a lot for the new harness. They were able to add a little LCD unit that preserved the DIC functions. It works great, and having my iPhone connect wirelessly is great - I can play Spotify, have Waze maps, hands free driving, etc. It was worth the money to have it done (approx $1600) and keep the Monsoon amplifier and speakers. The sound is awesome.
Les
Hi Les, Could you supply a picture and information about your added LCD DIC reader? That sounds quite interesting.
Goggles,

· Registered
2 Posts
I've used Bluetooth FM transmitters before. They work but I haven't been impressed with the sound quality.
This option is very geographically dependent. Here in Mount Pleasant, MI it works quite well. We’re literally in the middle of Michigan (aka the middle of nowhere 😃). And you’re correct. Interference is negligible, but the quality is still somewhat lacking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts