Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
They used to be listed all over the place, both the chrome euro style, and the blackout euro-style, for both the coupe and sedan. Now (as soon as I was ready to finally buy a set for my 05 GT sedan), I can only find them for the couple fitment. All the beautiful euro-styles that used to be available for the sedans went AWOL for some reason, with the exception of the LED taillights, which are an upgrade from stock - but not by much IMO, they lens color is almost identical to stock, so you can't even really tell they're LEDs until you brake/signal. :s I've messaged several different auto parts companies - both on eBay and variously places I found online, but so far, I've received only the generic "we do not offer this item for the 4dr/sedan at this time, check back later"....no explanation of why, or if they're even still manufactured. I'll pst again if I make any headway on that front, all model year sedan/coupe taillights share fitement - regardless of year - from what I've read. If anybody else runs accross these chrome euro lights in sedan fitment *please* pst where!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ive had the car sinse 05 and have only seen the LED tails come out.
And that is it. As far as the sedan. It sucks but before i had the Led tails i would have said the same about no being much diffrent as far day without the running lights on they are similar but IMO there nothing alike.
And i wouldnt have even thought about getting them but i messed up my stocker and thought i would try them out and like them so much, and i converted my 3rd brake light to led to match
This is with the flash normally that reflector doesnt light up.

Not trying to change the topic but thought i would show the only available ones and im bored. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those do look very nice Dan, and I appreciate the input. I think my frustration is due in large part to my former certainty that the both chrome and smoked Altezzas were available for the G6 sedans - something that further research on my part seems to contradict. I find myself wondering now if there was either A: A scammer on eBay listing parts for the G6 that didn't truly exist, using stock photos of Altezza tail lights on something similar to a G6 - leading to removal of the listings once the fraud was detected; or B: I simply didn't read listings closely enough that were actually only for coupe fitment. Either way, the parts I'm looking for don't seem to be available anywhere now, and I have been unable to locate so much as a picture anywhere online of a sedan with true Altezzas installed - only spray style blackouts and film overlays....or the LEDs as in your car (which does look nice, BTW). I'm still waiting to hear back from a few specialty Altezza distributors who were going to check with their actual manufacturers and get back to me, and I have had some suppliers tell me (in regards to the parts) "we dont' have any in stock right now," as opposed to "they don't make 'em," from which I cannot help but hold out some hope. Seems like such a no-brainer to make them for this model, but with Pontiac out and slowly fading, I can't really see any manufacturer *starting* to make the Altezzas for a model that's no longer even in production. If anybody hears anything else on the topic, post it, and I'll post also if I hear anything definitive from any of the companies I'm waiting to hear back from.

·
Registered
916 Posts
It is disappointing. And a lot of the ones they make for the coupe looks bad.
you would think they would at least make more than one set for the sedan.
I was really wanting some that looked like this

And since Ive had my car so long i have searched along time also. I think tinting looks good but i always have my son with me and i would be pissed if i got hit because an 80 year old couldn't see my brake lights. So after tinting my original tails over 3 times i couldn't get them to what i wanted and messed one up LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well all, this is a the response I got from the company that seemed to be my best bet for obtaining chrome altezzas for the G6 sedan:

Thank you for your email. We carry LED tail lights for the 2005 Pontiac G6 GT. The price is $220 including shipping and handling to the domestic US. Unfortunately we do not have any chrome tail lights for your vehicle. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

- Aeon Imports
(626) 382-1418

:banghead:....nice offering of other options on their part, but no-go on what we're actually looking for. The search continues......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.