Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G6 GT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my G6 in March and it was salvaged I couldn’t get the legal process going until early August but every week I would start it and drive around then block to get oil circulating. I went to do it today and it won’t turn over it makes a noise and the radio comes on but there is a noise coming from the radio and the ac comes on. My dome light flashes when trying to turn the key while also the engine light came on.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Things like dash lights and interior fan do not draw the amps power of the battery nearly as much as the starter motor and power needed for the cars ECM at the same time. Have the battery "load tested" at any parts store(even Walmart), they do this quick test for free. Every battery has a CA and CCA rating and every car made has a certain battery CA REQUIRED for electrical systems to operate. DO as was posted in response #2.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G6 GT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car may not be fully in Park.
The cable pushes the linkage up into Park and if bushing is broken, the linkage won't go all the way.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I know what you are talking about my friend has a Chevy cobalt and that happened but nothing on hers turned on

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had that problem before. It was my battery. When i load tested the battery it showed to be fine. I replaced it with a new battery and one with a little more cca. That solved the problem that time.
Another time the car didnt start everything came on (radio, lights, ac fan) but it didnt even make a noise when trying to start it. It was what davez26 said. It looked like the cable was on the linkage and in park but it wasnt. A carter pin fixed that problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.