Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys/gals I am new on the forum. My wife drives a 2010 G6 GT with the 3.5L V6, 4 door. I have been a Pontiac fanatic as I have owned about 4 Trans Am's, own a 2000 WS6 currently with a LS6 I built for it pushing around 480hp to the tires and 454 tq as well. So on that note I understand how engines work and I understand sensors can be a nightmare. The problem I have with the G6 is when I drive it under normal acceleration between 1500-2000 rpm it skips and jumps around the rpm range until it reaches anything over 3k then it clears up for the most part. I thought maybe the injectors could have been clogged from bad gas or something but I have run Sea Foam at full strength a few times because I it seems to be the best I know about when it comes to cleaning out fuel systems. Anyway has anyone had an issue with their 2010 similar to this? I have not checked the plugs yet but I wouldn't think with 32k miles on the car they would be bad. Thanks in advance for the help. I use LS1TECH for my TA's tech issues so I hope this forum can do the same for the G6 =)

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Any stored codes? Even if check engine light is not on there could be codes. Start there. There are so many things that could be causing this hick-up. I am currently dealing with one caused by the electronic throttle body.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was unaware it could be throwing codes without actually setting off the SES light. I will start there I guess, thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have checked everything I can think of, even decided to bite the bullet and take it to the stealership to check for any stored codes but all I found was less money in my wallet. Has anyone else had any issues like this? It specifically jumps rpms between 1500 and 2000 rpm while accelerating at a normal pace. It is my wifes car and I don't drive it every day but when I do it drives me insane! Any ideas would be very helpful, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts