Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am at 85k on my 2010 and while it runs great I want to keep it running like this for a few more years, at least until I pay off my loan.

Anyway, I bought a new air filter, got an oil change, but not really sure what else I should do myself. I just found the guide on cleaning the TB so I do plan on doing that next, but what about wires, plugs, etc? Do I need any experience doing those?

The only issue I have noticed is when I have A/C on and punch the gas it sometimes hesitates for a second or two before accelerating, it had some made for some scary left hand turns.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My '07 GT Sport convertible has 147,000 miles now. I have never changed the plugs or wires. Still starts and runs very well. The highway mileage is similar to when it was low mileage. Still the original battery, by the way; I have had the car 9 years now.

My daughter is in Grad School working on her Ph.D; she wants this car as a graduation gift; so I will keep the car for a couple more years until she graduates and then give it to her.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My '07 GT Sport convertible has 147,000 miles now. I have never changed the plugs or wires. Still starts and runs very well. The highway mileage is similar to when it was low mileage. Still the original battery, by the way; I have had the car 9 years now.

My daughter is in Grad School working on her Ph.D; she wants this car as a graduation gift; so I will keep the car for a couple more years until she graduates and then give it to her.
I am on my 3rd or battery since I bought it in 2010, but I live in Phoenix and the heat kills these batteries within 2-3 years.

I am sure it's time for some maintenance, I am just not sure what to do. Changed the oil and air filters, going to clean the throttle body intake via the guide, but I guess for now I'll just leave it alone until something breaks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Some lower-cost maintenance you can do includes replacing parts like rear shock absorbers ($25 each), bleed your brake lines (cost of brake fluid), front struts maybe (around $120 each), maybe throw in a K&N air filter ($40)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some lower-cost maintenance you can do includes replacing parts like rear shock absorbers ($25 each), bleed your brake lines (cost of brake fluid), front struts maybe (around $120 each), maybe throw in a K&N air filter ($40)
Last time I was in for an oil change he said my struts are pretty much done in the front, but I have no experience with doing those so I might need to look for a guide. Are the rear shock absorbers easy to get to?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts