Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im new to the forum, and just bought a 2010 G6 certified at 15,000 miles for !16k!

I know that after the 2009.5 update- the driver info center is no longer in the radio. I would like to replace the stock radio (i don't have monsoon) with a double din navigation display. Do i need any special wires or harnesses or anything? Besides bluetooth and steering wheel control, will I lose any other car features by doing this??

Thanks alot guys!,

Matt.

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hRQC8l08X4N/

If you buy a headunit over $200 they give you an installation kit free or half off if you need one like the Metra kit mine needed.

You don't have to give up your steering wheel controls, most stereos can use an adapter to make them work. READ the INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY if you want to avoid headaches. I didn't read it right at first and had a lot of trouble getting mine to work, but now that its all in I love it.

Seriously though, I know I sound like a salesman but these guys treated me right so I'll rep for them.

Sincerely

Matt

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is a slight problem if you go through crutchfield.. they don't know which harness is needed for the car.. I've talked to them multiple time with no luck.. I'm still trying to find the harness for my 2009.5.. good luck to you..

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
There is a slight problem if you go through crutchfield.. they don't know which harness is needed for the car.. I've talked to them multiple time with no luck.. I'm still trying to find the harness for my 2009.5.. good luck to you..

I guess this could be true, my car is a 2005 so they had everything I needed no problem. There were two options, one was to use the Metra kit and another was to use a kit that retained all the warning chimes but didn't keep the DIC. If your DIC is not in the radio, I'm guessing that you can just get the one that keeps the chimes and not have to worry about the DIC retention through the Metra kit.

Good luck man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts