Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2010 GT today for the wife and will have to say it's pretty nice and was a former rental from Hawaii, which we didn't like at first, but it's in new condition with the exception of the miles (32k).

What is really surprising though is it appears to have most all the options, including leather heated seats and chrome wheels, which I thought was strange for a rental...but it's really nice and she likes it a lot, so happy to been able to pick one up for a good price! Would've liked a GXP, but those don't seem too common and to be honest don't like that front end.

Anyway, glad to have a Pontiac again (this is #5, also had a 93 grand am GT, 96 Formula, 98 GTP 2 door and 2006 GTO 6-speed all new and all been great cars!)...Still pissed at GM for axing what I thought was one of their best brands...Love to have a G8 GT, but damn those are still $$$ and hard to find.

I saw the RPO sticker in the glove box and be curious to see exactly what it came with...Going to be checking out a lot of info here and this site seems pretty nice so far!

John R.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Welcome! My 2009 was a previous rental as well. The agencies usually do a pretty good job with scheduled maintenance and needed repairs (ever seen what they charge for customer-induced damages? I hope you never do...) so I wouldn't worry too much about the previous history. Plus there aren't too many places in Hawaii where you can tear a car up driving like a madman.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, a fellow socal person.

Yeah, I figured at least the maintenance should've been done pretty good on it and they sold it as a CPO, so there is some warranty on it and 2 years of maintenance (oil, tires rotated, etc) included, so that was nice.

Overall, the car is in really good shape, although I do notice on the front bumper at the bottom, you can see it was scraped and touched up and the back bumper a couple minor things...But, the interior is near perfect, doesn't smell and the body is really straight...the price wasn't too bad and we got it for about what the 'stripped' rentals that are for sale right now are going for and they gave us a fair deal on our trade, so pretty happy with it.

I won't be driving it much myself, but when I do need to, I really enjoyed driving it home and the power is pretty good (I'm used to my CTS-V too :) ) although one thing you really have to be careful of I noticed is when you're doing 80, it feels like barely 60, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts