Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2010 Pontiac g6 HELP

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Convertme 
#1 ·
Hello, I need help! I have a 2010 Pontiac g6 2.4 yesterday I went to leave from work, she started up and I got about 1 mile down the road and the engine just shut off, not a sputter just literally stopped. So I put it in park turned off the power and restarted it. It started back up then died and that's what it keeps doing. It starts everytime but wont stay running more then a few seconds. Some people are telling me it's the full pump but I can hear it come on before I turn it over. Some are saying the timing chain but i had that replaced about a year ago. Also i replaced the camshaft sensor about a month ago. I need help! Mom of 2 young kiddos and really need my car?

#3 ·
No Check engine light while driving before this happened? Did you just get fuel before this happened? There is a crank sensor also, and I've heard of these "acting up" by stalling without turning the CEL on or giving a code(gotten by diagnostic code reader /scanner).

#5 ·
My check engine light has stayed on sense I changed out the crank shaft sensor. I took some stuff apart yesterday to look at cheaper possible reasons. I have oil on 2 of my spark plugs, and some build up and dirt in the fuel injectors. I put some fuel injector cleaner in it but idk if its pushing threw because it wont stay running

#6 · (Edited)
Would be wise to get ahold of a cheap code scanner that plugs into the connector under the steering wheel. IF light has been on since doing the crank sensor there is at least 1 code in the computer to help figure out what's going on ... and possibly more since the car has really started acting up.

Could even be a problem with the MAF sensor at the air cleaner assembly or the throttle body.

And just how long have you let things "slide" until it now won't stay running? Your first post said CAM sensor was replaced, now you say CRANK sensor was done a month ago, both work together for proper operation...Try and get a code scan done as I posted...it will help in figuring things out.

#7 ·
Read my thread"car dies after filling with fuel". I know they are expensive but I would say the fuel pump after my experience. My code reader had multiples codes in it noon of which lead me directly to the fuel pump. The car is already ten years Old if you go back to the build date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.