Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some tires, what do you recommend? 07 G6 GT sedan. Want to try to stay in the 400-500 range, but don't have to.

Looking at so far:

Omni dimax r8 - $400
Mastercraft 440 - $420
Nexen N5000 - $475
Cont DWS - $560
Firestone Firehawk - $595
GoodYear eagle at wally world - $580

Hate buying tires, always looking for the best tore for the money.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put the nexens on my 06 G6 GT Coupe before this winter. I live in Northeast Ohio were the snow never stops! These tires have been wonderful!!!! No complaints, car rides nice, smooth, very little noise.

·
Registered
638 Posts
depends on your driving habit what you need, but a lot of ppl have liked the continental DWS, and that is what i would go with if i put them on my stock 17's...........

IMO i would not go with the 1st two as i have never heard of those brands before and when it comes to tires you get what you pay for..........dont cheap out on tires, you could be risking your life LOL...........

i go thru a set of 18" summer tires a year at about $700 a set, and a set of 17" winter tires every 2 winters for about $600 LOL

·
Registered
470 Posts
I bought a set of General UHP tires. Great for the price!! They even hold their own in light snow. Several points ahead of the OEM Continental tires!

I'll also mention that they're rated 360AA and after a year I've put on 9K with no wear issues (factory green/blue can still be seen in some areas of the tread!). I wanted the Ventus V12 tire, but they were quite a bit more cash and offered similar performance numbers as the General Ultra High Performance tires I ended up getting for $180/ea here in Canada. Low profiles for under $600 Canadian dollars is CHEAP. In the end, you get what you pay for and I'm glad to see you're shopping around. Again, I've very content with these!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting the tires installed this afternoon. Will try to post some pics later. May wait until windows get tinted next Tuesday.

·
Registered
470 Posts
FINE. Make us wait...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts