Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 GT vert and have had full CRABS since January and the GTR since about March. On my way to DC this past week, I had my check engine light come on. The guy at Sears said the code was for the engine running to lean. He said it could be a vacuum hose leak. I called my local mechanic and he said it was more than likely a result of the intake and exhaust moving more air and the fuel ratio staying the same. He recommended getting a tune (WAMS). Has anyone else had this problem and has the WAMS fixed it?
Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
before you do anything else, check your intake, if there is a vaccum leak after the MAF sensor the car will run lean

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there an easy way to check the vacuum lines or is that something that a shop would have to do?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Is there an easy way to check the vacuum lines or is that something that a shop would have to do?
It also sounds like unmetered incoming air to me. The fuel trim system can compensate for any amount of incoming air but only if it's all metered.

A smoke machine test is the safe & easy way to find intake leaks but only shops have them. It's not very expensive to have done.

Of course, there's always the DIY propane method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts