Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm posting this in the right area, and please correct me if I'm wrong! I picked up an 07 HTC with 52k that has a seized engine. I have the opportunity to get a wrecked 06 HTC with a 3.9 that has only 33k. Has anyone done this before? I have searched and searched and have found nothing pertaining to this swap. I can get the whole car cheaper than a used low mile engine. Any info would be appreciated! I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but I just want an idea of what I'm getting myself into before I start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My main concern is the exhaust and wiring. I know these engines are from the same family, but the exhaust has to be different because of the bigger engine size. I'm hoping to do whatever mods need to be done, take an entire cradle out and put an entire cradle in, loaded and ready to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My main concern is the exhaust and wiring. I know these engines are from the same family, but the exhaust has to be different because of the bigger engine size. I'm hoping to do whatever mods need to be done, take an entire cradle out and put an entire cradle in, loaded and ready to go.
As long as you have the entire car to work with, it should be fairly easy. You will have wiring harness. Ecu. Tranny and axels. I think it would be almost a direct replacement.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts