Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2007 HTC with a 3.5 that knocked. A few months later I came upon an 07 HTC with a 3.9 that was smacked in the nose for 600 bucks. I jumped in to the process of the swap from Hell. First thing was a significant difference in the wiring from one to the other. Body harness and motor harnesses were completely different. I changed every wire. I used the BCM and the ignition switch to the 3.9. So no reprogramming was needed. It will be finished next week. The Trans cooling lines were different. The upper radiator hose is different. The coolant bottle is different and the kind folks at GM spot welded the bracket to the firewall just for fun. There's a minor reroute on the heater core that ultimately requires a cap off of the half inch cooling line on the radiator. The power steering pumps and compressors are the same. I'm into the whole project at 1300 dollars and I'm anxious to see what it is worth when I finish. To do this pull both dashes and columns and be sure not to mix them up. I'll put up another post with the final results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hope it all works out, I've got a 3.5 GT right now , but I'm looking in the future for a G8....yeah< I know, sounds impossible and very $$$$$, but it's on my bucket list, so I'm saving up now :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts