Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 G6 GT with 108,000 miles, 3.5. Car runs fine but dont know if the orig. plugs have ever been changed ,and am concerned they may get corroded in the head. Ive read prev. post and it seems like Delco is the way to go, I,M guessing iridium. My plug wires say [wired for life] on them. Dont know if they are orig. or aftermarket. Want to put good plug wires on while doing the plugs.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I prefer to go OE, ie, AC Delco. If the stuff lasted as long as it did and works pretty well, in my mind, don't reinvent the wheel. Spend the money, be done with it, and especially don't go cheap and have to chase down a problem created by 'saving'; that's false economy.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, the cars went out of productuon 8 years ago, so there's not a whole lot of followers. There are some diehards though.
I will help where I can.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I've always ran the AC Delco Iridium plugs myself. They say copper is the best conductor, but iridium is the longest lasting, and IIRC iridium is OEM on all GM vehicles after 2006. But I could be mistaken.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The platinum plugs will likely work perfectly fine in the car. Along with some new wires I'm sure it'll run great.
You just may need to consider plugs again around 60-80k miles vs 100-120k miles, Not a big difference for the price savings really.

I've installed autolite copper plugs at the request of a friend in his car, No issues, works perfectly fine. In 50k miles however, who knows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take the wire off the plug, if the end of the plug is painted (usually Yellow) then they are original factory fit. If not painted then they have been changed in the past.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats what I love about auto. forums, when someone can share info. that really helps another person out. Got to looking around and saw that my {wired for life} plug wires, also said Belden premium on them. Pulled out a plug and it was AC DELCO with an orange dot on the top of it and some part numbers such as 41-100. Thanks chippy. Sounds like I have a new set of wires and orig. plugs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad to be of assistance 41-100 are an excellent iridium plug and factory fit.
Take care , from a 74 year old Englishman.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Might have to debunk my man chippys advice that if the tip of the delco plug is painted then its orig. I ordered 6 new delco iridium plugs from rock auto, and they had the same orange paint dot on them as the ones in my engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts