Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G6, 3.5L V6 Sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was replacing the valve cover gaskets on my 07 and when I got to the rear valve cover I realized it was covered by the pulley assembly... not sure who decided it was a good idea to do that but I was wondering if there was an easy way to replace this gasket without having to take the whole assembly off.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac G6 GT
13 Posts
Hey, I was replacing the valve cover gaskets on my 07 and when I got to the rear valve cover I realized it was covered by the pulley assembly... not sure who decided it was a good idea to do that but I was wondering if there was an easy way to replace this gasket without having to take the whole assembly off.
In order to do the rear valve cover, You have to remove the alternator bracket / tensioner pulley bracket, if it has an ignition coil pack (1 solid pack) you need to take off the ignition coil bracket. After that valve cover comes off easy as that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are there any videos on that procedure? I tried YouTube & wasn't able to find the one like I have ( 2008 G6 GT 3.5L, V6)? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've replaced the front Valve Cover Gasket, & that stopped the engine from Shaking & Misfiring. I thought I fixed the issue, until I started seeing oil spots/puddles which leaked onto my Starter, causing the starter to malfunction when wet with oil. I can't tell if the oil is coming from the rear Valve Cover, but if the front one fixed the misfiring, I figured the rear one was defective as well. How do find the oil leak so as to not remove and replace the wrong part?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts