Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Wow that's, um, not so great. From rough anecdotal evidence on the g6p dyno threads, our cars lose about 18% so your crank #'s would be 249/230. I saw on g6p you mentioned the lean issue, plus the heat this time of year definitely doesn't help. Did they have a fan running to cool things a little?

·
1,035 Posts
Oh well like I said that definitely didn't help your #'s. I guess it's a pretty big fan then? The place I went to for my Grand Prix had a portable one like what you would have for your home. Not the greatest but I'm sure it helped a ilttle.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There wasn't enough room to put a fan infront of the dyno. The dyno is close to the wall and they have a exhaust fan for pulling the exhaust out from the RWD cars. So I don't know whats up with the car but it seems like I might be right near where need to be? I was hoping for closer to 210 yesterday.

·
1,035 Posts
Well stock crank hp & tq are 252/251 so wheel should be around 207/206, so I would have hoped for at least 215 each with intake & exhaust mods.

Of course there are a lot of other factors and maybe the 18% number is off, but I know that was the benchmark for the Grand Prix's and the few who dynoed their G6's stock came up with very similar %'s.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You need a tune!!! With a SAE smoothing of 5 and your graph is still that wavy... Your issues lay there. Remember, every car is different even though they all came off the same line and that tune that GM puts in, doesn't benefit every car.

I'll give you a quick example from when I had my GTO. Two buddies of mine and myself all had/have 04' GTOs. buddy A had a build date of 12/03 and buddy B and myself had build dates of 04/04. We all did similar mods on all three cars (at first) and buddy B and myself always benefited more from the mods than buddy A. Even stock dyno numbers were different between all three, though buddy B and mine were closer and higher than buddy A. All cars were the same, all 04's, all LS1's and all six speed manuals... So you might be victim to a shitty tune or victim to a monday or friday car.

Either way, that car needs a tune, bad!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts