Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been lurking around here for a few weeks now and noticed that there are few 3.9l owners here. i've got an 06 gtp manual coupe and seem to have a hard time finding reliable sources for parts.
i'm looking to get an intake as soon as i find one i trust. any suggestions or personal experiences?

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah just bought the same car 06 3.9 coupe manual two months ago. going to get my exaust on monday and have the crab system on order should be here in a week or so. i will let you know how i like it after i install it. most of what i have read is that it is the best one to get.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
NO....stay away from Crabs. They itch!
get an old K&N or the dreaded Injen....no itching with them!

06 standard coupe? Awesome!! What color is it? Where ya from?

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
so i've been lurking around here for a few weeks now and noticed that there are few 3.9l owners here. QUOTE]

I noticed the same thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CRAB Intake is definitely good. I wanna get the MPD Hood and leaning towards the GT-R exhaust, kinda steep on the price though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey lampoon what kind of performance have you experienced on the 3.9l with your intakes.
it's red and i'm in bowling green, oh.

who's got gtr exhaust? did you notice any difference in power or milage?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Congrats on your GTP, I have had my 06 GTP w/ six speed manual trans since brand new and have over 104,000 miles on it now and love driving it every day! As for the parts: you can always go custom if you cant find it made for your car. That was what I did for my exhaust and intake, the biggest difference was made from a Tune though. Really brought everything together. I have 265HP at the crank, which means about 225HP to the wheels with my set up.

·
Painter
30 Posts
With my 3.9 I have found its not just the engine modds it's also the suspension, MMI's, and engine damper, that have really helped with the performance and feel of the SS... I beat a TB/SS pretty bad a little while ago. Except for my trans work I am pretty much stock. You should really look into the MMI's (Motor Mount Inserts). Best modd for the money. IMO... Crabs are the next best thing...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts