Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 GT Sport with the 3.9L and 6-speed manual, and as of right now.....its straight-piped. It actually doesnt sound too bad, but some flaws in the factory exhaust make it pop and rattle under a heavy load. I don't know how many of you have gotten a close look at the merge section of the exhaust on these cars, but its complete crap. Instead of a proper collecter, the two-inch pipes from the cats, are crushed together like this --(][)-- to fit into the 2.5 inch exhaust system. My plan is to replace this with a free flowing custom 2"to3" Y section and run a 3 inch system back from there that will use a muffler (havent decided which type) up front, then Y off at the back of the car with two 3.5" tips on each side similar to a G8 GXP look. I also already have a second rear valance panel to modify if I screw up the first one. Lol

Any ideas on which muffler I should run? Ive already done a good bit of research on here, and other sources, about the dos and donts of exhaust work, and since I will be replacing the stock converters with new oem ones, im not worried about scavenging issues. Even if it hurts performance a bit now, I have some other ideas in the works for this aftermarketless bastard. Lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Your going to have an issue with the bend around the gas tank between the rear wheel and the gas tank there is not a lot of room there but a single 3" pipe should still work I think. A lot of people like the magnaflow, personally I'm looking at a dynamic VT because of the valve system so on low rpms/ normal driving it's almost as quite as stock, but when you open it up it flows almost as well as a straight through muffler. Basically tho, it's personal preference and what sound you want :p best of luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The muffler will either go in the straight section before the fuel tank or I'll use two short mufflers after the axle. I'm considering Moroso Spiral Flow or DynoMax Race bullets since they are available in lengths as short as 6 inches. Also open to other suggestions. lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dang that's small aha but no sounds good, I'd love to have that set up too I just don't have a shop to do it aha plus I would like quieter then race bullets . Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts