Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 G6 GT 3900 w/ the F40 manual 6 speed. Does anybody else even have one of these? I feel like my G6 is [email protected] and....well....nvm.:D

Eventually I'm going to get around to doing all kinds of engine mods to it that I don't know of anybody doing(when I'm done putting the 3800SC/F40 in my GAGT). Joseph Upson is one of the brilliant minds in the Fiero world and much of what I know about GM 60* engines is derived from his research. He put a 3900 in a Fiero but deleted the VVT feature by welding the cam phaser at '0'. If I'm not mistaken, he ran it off of a Megasquirt system. Anyway, about my car...

Rockauto has a clutch disc/pressure plate kit but no flywheel. Horsepower freaks has the LSD for the F40 but no clutch??? Where do I find this stuff or am I stuck going to the dealer? If so, it's a necessary evil. I bought this car(59,800 Mi.) knowing that the throwout bearing was noisy and can be felt in the pedal. I have a brand new F40 in my garage complete with slave/throwout bearing assembly. To me it's not a huge deal, but I don't want to rip this thing apart and NOT put a clutch in it while I'm at it. Please point me in the right direction if there is one, lol. Thanks, Chris.

And if anybody on here has a big bad pushrod engine with the 6 speed, your the people I want to be talking to!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Check around at local salvage yards, I can bet that most 6 speed cars aren't exactly babied and low mileage parts might be relatively easy to find. The last place you want to go is the dealer for parts! I looked at ordering a 3.9 sedan with the 6 speed instead of my 3.5 GT, but the dealer wanted $12K more! So, yeah.

Rockauto (as you mentioned) is known to carry quite a bit of more-rare parts. Summit Racing or Jegs might carry what you seek as Jegs primarily carries GM performance parts. Ebay would be the last recourse before seeking out dealer parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts