Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am new to this site and new to owning a G6... I purchased an 07 G6 with a 4 cyl with 75k... I have been reading the different mods on here but it seems that most are written about the 6cyl engines... Can some one post the 4 cyl mods, or point me in the right direction?? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have the same car as you and im having the same problem but the problem is there isn't much you can do to it i kinda wish i got the v6 model

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
You should be able to find the typical 3: intake, exhaust, and tune. The 4 cyl was designed for fuel economy not performance so that is why most have a 6 cyl who are talking performance. Remember no replacement for displacement.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i got a four cylinder with an intake and resonator removed straight pipe all the way back. with a flow master which i got for free, that's why. Now im getting new tires then a tune after that unless you want to spend alot of money and go deep into the engine, there's nothing more to do.

·
19 Posts
bainecotec managed to turbo his 4cl G6. Videos of it are on his YouTube channel.

Here is the link to one of his videos, from there you can click his name, then view his other vids of the car.

·
Registered
638 Posts
and he also blew the head gasket during tuning and the car was never fully finished/tuned........

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
bainecotec managed to turbo his 4cl G6. Videos of it are on his YouTube channel.

Here is the link to one of his videos, from there you can click his name, then view his other vids of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AnxYtO54rI
and it was still crap. didnt run well and never even got finished.

theres a reason why there are usually options on cars...ie base economy milage cars...g6 base 4 cyl...then v6 and gt for more power and some perks, and gtp or gxp for "performance" and w.e other crap.

why would anyone make performance parts for the 4cyl when a huge amount of the pople who get that car have got it for the economy reason, and it being cheaper in the 1st place....

you do NOT get a non turbo 4cyl if your looking for performance lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts