Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pretty stoked about this, thought I would share it with you all. Was driving a 160 mile trip on monday and the got insane gas mileage! I wasn't in a hurry so I drove a lot slower than usually, a little over 60 in a 60 zone. I averaged 41.3 mpg according to the DIC! I used my phone, so the picture isnt so great. I reset it when i got on the inteerstate for about 40 miles and still averaged 35.6 going 75. Has anyone else got mileage this high?

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thats strange.. my 300hp LT1 auto got 26mpg highway with 3:23s. :( I would have thought you would see 28~30 at minimum especially if you have the manual.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, even when I had my 2000 grand prix I was seeing 29 mpg with an aftermarket cam and some mild head work among other mods. The gas milleage has to be the most disappointing part about the G6. Otherwise the car is good to me. I am actually in Wisconsin right now after a 420 mile trip for work. I averaged about 24mpg because of the cold weather and chicago traffic.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I actually got 26~27 the entire way from Des Moines, IA to Ft Cambell, KY and back.

Majority is flat land. (you think the epa estimates are done in the mountains? :) ) LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.