Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pretty stoked about this, thought I would share it with you all. Was driving a 160 mile trip on monday and the got insane gas mileage! I wasn't in a hurry so I drove a lot slower than usually, a little over 60 in a 60 zone. I averaged 41.3 mpg according to the DIC! I used my phone, so the picture isnt so great. I reset it when i got on the inteerstate for about 40 miles and still averaged 35.6 going 75. Has anyone else got mileage this high?

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Most i ever got was this

38.6mpg.. I am having trouble finding the image..I think my friend moved some stuff on the server again.GRRRR

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here...

I usually get about that on the highway as well during the summer. It awsome and my father was shocked until I sent him the image from my phone on the road. :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
I can hit 40mpg easily on non stop trips around 55-60mph. When you start to factor in stopping at lights and taking off...it will quickly drop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
No chance of that kind of mileage on my GTP . Have seen 30 a few times with cruise and flat ground and keeping it around 65 , but mostly 26 to 28 over my usual 160 round trip to work.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thats strange.. my 300hp LT1 auto got 26mpg highway with 3:23s. :( I would have thought you would see 28~30 at minimum especially if you have the manual.

·
Registered
113 Posts
S8ER99 said:
Thats strange.. my 300hp LT1 auto got 26mpg highway with 3:23s. :( I would have thought you would see 28~30 at minimum especially if you have the manual.
You must live in a flat State with mostly interstate type highway getting that kind of mileage on a LT1... :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, even when I had my 2000 grand prix I was seeing 29 mpg with an aftermarket cam and some mild head work among other mods. The gas milleage has to be the most disappointing part about the G6. Otherwise the car is good to me. I am actually in Wisconsin right now after a 420 mile trip for work. I averaged about 24mpg because of the cold weather and chicago traffic.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I actually got 26~27 the entire way from Des Moines, IA to Ft Cambell, KY and back.

Majority is flat land. (you think the epa estimates are done in the mountains? :) ) LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts