Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I understand this CD player won't play MP3's, although to be honest I haven't had a chance to try it yet. In this thread (http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1900), Mega implies we can burn CD's in some sort of format that will play, so I'm curious what format that is. EDIT: never mind, this post explains it: http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420

My real question is, the manual says "Press this button to play a CD or to access the remote device, when listening to the radio."

What's the remote device I might want to listen to?

·
Registered
36 Posts
That would be any device you have plugged into the back of the radio. I'm getting a ipod setup for $176 that lets me control the ipod using the steering wheel and radio controls instead of having to touch the ipod and the source button is the only way to access this feature.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ha. Cool, thanks. By "the back of the radio" I assume you mean if you pull out the radio, then there's somewhere to hook stuff like that up?

·
Registered
268 Posts
(V)eGa said:
That would be any device you have plugged into the back of the radio. I'm getting a ipod setup for $176 that lets me control the ipod using the steering wheel and radio controls instead of having to touch the ipod and the source button is the only way to access this feature.
Are you getting the Axxes one? Because that uses the "Band" button.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Blackrider said:
Are you getting the Axxes one? Because that uses the "Band" button.
Yeah your right :) After reading the instructions, that's exactly what it said.

@Goudron - Yeah, it will go behind the radio. The Install looks easy, it's the getting the radio out part that might be a pain since you have to take the dash off to get behind the radio. That's what the instructions say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts