Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've read a bunch of threads already, but my problem seems a little different. i just bought an 05 gt sedan. it has monsoon 6 disc player. i've been using it just fine for the last few days, but today it decided to stop working. i had 2 cds in but wasn't sure how 2 listen to disc 2(it was on disc 1) would be great if anyone could tell me how to change cds... um so i took both out- ejected them. I tried to load them both back in, but i press the load button, it says insert cd 1, but when i do it eats, spits out, eats spits out, then eats and spits out again and says:"check disc 2" but i press eject and there are no cds in the player. if anyone knows what i can do, or which panel the radio fuse is or how to change from one disc to another, thanks

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
The changer on those things had a shelf life of like 34,000 miles or 3 yrs and one day.
Whichever way the warranty expired first.

Find an 08 or 09 single CD w/aux so you can keep your DIC (computer).
The aux will allow for ipods etc so you wont need a 6 disker anymore and the single
disk has a much longer life.

Do a search...loads of info on this. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i went to my gm dealer AND called gm-what a waste. anyway, i may go with the 08 w/aux, but i just want to know what else my options are-if someone could judt throw up a list of compatible decks that i can still have sterring controls, dic, etc. thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k, so i have a cd player lined up from the wrecker-do i absolutely need to have it programmed by gm or is there any other way/ other scan tool that i can set it up with? thanks

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
tech2 is the only way. Thats a Pontiac laptop they hook up to your BCM.
Ive seen stealerships charge from nothing to $80 for the 5 min it takes.

Tell them you will let them change the oil if they will spend 5 min on a radio reprogram for you. Some service advisors take care of their clients....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.