Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching but no answers found. I just bought a 08 G6 I want to swapout the single disc radio HU for a 6 disc version. Aside from unlocking the new radio are the harnesses the same? I am not changing anything else just the HU

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did some searching but no answers found. I just bought a 08 G6 I want to swapout the single disc radio HU for a 6 disc version. Aside from unlocking the new radio are the harnesses the same? I am not changing anything else just the HU
Not sure.. I believe depending on the radio and if you have XM radio the antenna connectors are different and the main harness may be different as well. I would go ask the dealership.

On a side note... my brother has a 2007 G6 and wants to upgrade to a 2008 single disc player with the aux input in the front of the radio for an MP3 player. However, we are not certain if a 2008 radio will work in a 2007.

·
Registered
195 Posts
probably not ... it might not have the electronics to work properly ... i'd say try it ... i know a radio from a G6 with a aux input won't work with the one that doesn't have aux import ... so ... you can try ... i wouldn't though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts