Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
240 Posts
O m g

Bro that thing is tight as hell !!!!!!! is it touch screen?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bro that thing is tight as hell !!!!!!! is it touch screen?
Thanks Man, Its pretty sweet. I love seeing the reaction of the people who are behind me at lights... Just gotta keep an eye out for the cops!! I got this thing for a great price so I couldn't pass it up.

and yes its touch screen.. full navigation .. USB .. SD Card Slot... AUX IN and OUT...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thinking about putting the same in my g6 gt, did you're car come stock with the monsoon system and does this work with the factory amp in the trunk? Also do you lose all the steering wheel controlls and like mpg, trip and all the pther features the stock head unit has..thanks

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
imo id go double din or nothing at all. my buddy has a slide out in his celica and it has some issues in the cold here in winnipeg and i like as little moving parts as possible when it comes to electronics.

does look good tho!

·
Registered
3 Posts
A double din screen wouldnt be bad either i just like the size of this one, what i'm mostly concerned about is will my steering wheel controlls still work and is there any possible way I can get mt new head unit to tell me temp, mpg, trip and everything else my stock one does

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You can buy a single DIN dash kit from metra that will preserve your trip, gas milage, etc... It is not possible to save these features with a double DIN...
http://www.amazon.com/Metra-99-3303-Vehicles-Integrate-Diagnostics/dp/B000G7SGO4

I live in Michigan... It is very cold.... the Headunit is well constructed (with a 1 year warranty) and I have had no issues with the mechanical functioning.

I live in a metro area so having the single DIN means it is less tempting to steal.. since it looks like a regular CD player when closed...

I dont know if you can hook this up to the stearing wheel controls...

I do not have to monsoon system... but it might actually be easier to hook up if you did.. not sure tho

FYI.. the biggest double din headunit is 7"... I can see the plus to no moving parts tho :)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It is not possible to save these features with a double DIN...

I can see the plus to no moving parts tho :)

It is possible do save the DIC with a DDIN. I did it in my car. you just have to extend the harness on the Metra 99-3303 and locate it somewhere else such as the glovebox.

Most DDIN units have moving parts. Ones where the screen is basically the front of the whole unit have to move the screen to allow for dvds and cds to be inserted behind them.

It should be easier to hook up to a non-monsoon system as you have no amp to worry about.

Look into some PAC connectors for the steering wheel controls. they make them for most companies.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is possible do save the DIC with a DDIN. I did it in my car. you just have to extend the harness on the Metra 99-3303 and locate it somewhere else such as the glovebox.

Most DDIN units have moving parts. Ones where the screen is basically the front of the whole unit have to move the screen to allow for dvds and cds to be inserted behind them.

It should be easier to hook up to a non-monsoon system as you have no amp to worry about.

Look into some PAC connectors for the steering wheel controls. they make them for most companies.
Sorry you right, I was thinking that he was asking if there is any way to keep the DIC in the dash.. I have seen a right up about putting it in the center council. I stand corrected.

I do not have the monsoon system but I am firmilar with aftermarket sound systems. I guess I was just assuming that there were some type of RCA outputs that go to the monsoon amp. This deck DOES have a SEPERATE amplifier that is included (about 6 inches by 3 inches) that you wire the speakers to.. I figured if you have a pre amp'd system you could skip the wiring of the amplifier that comes with the deck and simply run the RCA's to the monsoon amp... I do not have the monsoon system so I dont know how it is set up... I would be interested to know tho.. so if you have to monsoon let me know exactly how its set-up

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I dont have it, but I kind of know how it's connected. It has a plug similar to the ones on the back of the deck that plugs into it. There are no rca's.

The amp that comes with yours just uses speaker wires to connect to it? And speaker wires coming out of it to go to the speakers?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont have it, but I kind of know how it's connected. It has a plug similar to the ones on the back of the deck that plugs into it. There are no rca's.

The amp that comes with yours just uses speaker wires to connect to it? And speaker wires coming out of it to go to the speakers?
The amplifier that comes with the deck is hooked up to the deck with RCA's and then the amplifier hooks up to the stock wiring harness with speaker wire. The reason the separate amplifier is necessary is because there is no room in the single DIN for it due to the fact the screen takes up so much internal room..

Deck --- RCA --- Amplifier --- Speaker wire --- Wire harness --- Stock Speakers...

·
Registered
237 Posts
No concerns with blocking the vents? You don't want hot air blowing against that lcd panel. At least I wouldn't anyway...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No concerns with blocking the vents? You don't want hot air blowing against that lcd panel. At least I wouldn't anyway...
I keep the vents closed... and I am one of those people who prefers the floor only vent selection.. I have never been one to like the hot air blowing in my face...

This deck is adjustable in and out if you want more clearance... and it also comes with a hooded install cage.. which will bring the deck out even farther...

·
Registered
7 Posts
imo id go double din or nothing at all. my buddy has a slide out in his celica and it has some issues in the cold here in winnipeg and i like as little moving parts as possible when it comes to electronics.

does look good tho!
ok i have a 2007 g6 gtp and i want this particular head unit... whwere can i get the exact dash kit he has for his? plz help im young and clueless lol

·
Registered
7 Posts

ok i have a 2007 g6 gtp and i need to find out what all id need for the install of this head unit.. plz help man!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts