Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!! Im 8000 miles away from 100k miles, my extended warranty will expire then too. What should I have replaced? Still has original hoses, timing belt, plugs, shocks. I have had the transmission fluid changed and the radiator coolant changed, any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Mike

· Registered
23 Posts
air filter, breaks, plugs and wires, fuel filter, do the timing belt for sure, hit up some dirt roads and listen for any clunking in the suspension parts, then have them replace accordingly.

· Registered
470 Posts
With 92K a tune up should be in order. A decent shop will also run a quick inspection of lower hoses and such to see if anything requires replacement. Generally hoses should last upward of 150K and it's generally the metal pressure connectors that need to be replaced that hold the hoses on to other components before the actual hose cracks and requires replacement itself.

I must admit that my GT is the best vehicle to work on in regard to maintenance. As mentioned the serp belt is easily accessible should I need to replace it (I only have 47,000kms) and changing oil is the best thing about this car so far. The filter is vertical, so it doesn't pour on you when you remove it, you can fill it up and screw it back on with fresh oil easily and the drain plug is angled just right. Anyway...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.