Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/IMG]

Just bought this 93 grand am for my daughters 1st car. It needs some work naturally/lol,but it was a 1owner & has under 90k miles on it.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Nice car.
I had a 1995 GA SE V6 till early 2006. I traded it in for a Mazda 6.
My wife had a 1995 GA GT. Nice cars very reliably. The only trouble we had was on the cooling system. ALL OF IT. The radiator went out then the heater core then the water pump. This happened on both cars about the same amount of mileage (115,000). The GT was traded in with 120,00 miles and the SE was traded in with 220,000 miles. Both cars still ran great, we wanted something newer than 1995. I've been looking for some pics of them but no luck. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
11 Posts
lol- you just love that pic!! my first car(2001) was an 89 pontiac sunbird that cost 400 bucks and was 8 different colors- when i was 17- ran like a champ for about a year, then it was done- my second car was a 95 pontiac grand am- It was an incredible car but after about a year or so every little thing started falling apart and i blew the engine twice- the dome light fell out- the turn signal switch went out- the air conditioner knobs broke off- the window fell off track permanently- the front end went bad and would shake if i went over 40- eventually i wrecked the back end twice and ended up totaling it, but honestly over all it was my favorite car i had it from 02 til 07. My roommate has a 92 grand am- she's only had a few problems with it- her window also fell off track permanently- her catalytic converter caught on fire on the interstate but i guess the mechanic said a big sheet of plastic had gotten stuck to it...also he said there is a switch under the brake pedal that is broken and causes her brake lights to stay on when the car is turned off and it kills her battery.

my g6 is my most favorite car- i've had it for a little over a year and the only work i've had to have done is an oil change when needed. I've put about 10k miles on it.

moral of the story- every problem i've ever had with my pontiacs was extremely affordable to repair.

<3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts