Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i now have gotten an answer from my dealer about the 2-way key fob for my 08 G6 GXP, i need the $150 dollar one. But here is my next question. They told my wife that they "had" to charge an additional 99 dollars to reprogram all my key fobs. I know I can do it myself but, is there and additional computer flash or something they have to do to make the 2 way key fob work? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
174 Posts
You cant program the remotes. You can the key though. but shop dealerships.
Not all charge the same.
Yea when I asked my dealership they said they only charged something like $25-$30 to program the fobs...I still think any price is a ripoff and that they should include it in the price of the fob(s), but that's GM for ya always nickel and diming

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah tell me about it

Yeah I know there is a process to add key fobs to your car and most of the time it only involves a few keys turns and button presses like i did in my mustang. But I don't know, it's starting to piss me off b.c. I get conflicting answers from the dealership (trying to rip me off) and the Knowledge base (smart people trying to save a buck i.e. us on the forum). Why does everything with a new car have to be a challenge. Thanks for all ya'lls help. When i get outty Iraq this time and "I" go to the dealer instead of my ditzy wife, they probably will have another price/story for me..

Laterz,
Danno

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I got em free on one car at one dealership and they wanted an arm and a leg at the other dealership.... Shop around cause they all dont charge the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.