Casanova&Beautiful 12/09
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Year: 2007
Body Style: Sedan
Engine Size: 2.4cyl. 145.
Transmission: Automatic
Color: White.
Modifications:Blacked out the tail lights; all three. (And as big a mistake that it may be...also blacked out the head light assembly. Live and learn....)
Top Speed Achieved: 148mph. Coming down a fairly slopped bridge, my buddy clocked that for me. Thanks, Zach!

Well, I thought that since this is my introduction, that I might as well, put some specs up also.
I know I have had the car for a while, but I'm just now joining. That is because a friend of mine that I work with, well he talks a lot about the CorvetteForums, so I figured I would see what I could find for my G6.

Not to mention, I need some feedback for the work that I want to do on Juliet(That's her Name-the G6).

Here's my to-do list.

Dual Racing Stripes-Black.
Hood Scoop-Duraflex Universal Spyder 3 Hood Scoop.
Spoiler/Wing-Duraflex Universal NT-5 Wing.
Cold Air Intake CAI- K&N Typhoon CAI.
Wheels-16 inch, BLACK, Ultra' Sabers (4)
Seats-Sparco Adjustable buckets...not too sure yet...

Once again, Hello, I am looking forward to getting to know everyone, and I look forward to hear feedback on the work that I do to Juliet.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Welcome!

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
Welcome, you'll find some great tips and good reading on everything Pontiac G6.
Jump in and take a ride, you're going to love the G6 Owners Club!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome, I just wanted to ask, how in the heck did you do 148 mph? Thats haulin it, especialy in the 4 cyl model. I thought they had a speed limiter. I just wanted to know cause thats pretty fast.

·
Casanova&Beautiful 12/09
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I removed the limiter. Well, I had my mechanic at the time do that for me. A lot of cars gauges cut out a bit before what it actually can reach. I know some cars guages top out at 120mph, but once the limiter is removed, the have reached about 124, 25, and 26. I can't say for sure that is the case with the G6, but it would explain it a bit. I'm still not 100% on how I pulled it off. but the bridge was pretty slopped, and I had my foot on the floor from one end to the next. Wind also was not a factor, as it was blowing in my favor.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
haha 148 isnt fast??? thats 240 Km/h yeah thats fast surprised the engine didnt blow

·
Registered
83 Posts
Since my camaro topped at around 176mph, I guess its not that fast. But, for that car, the power it has, and weight, thats flying. I'm with g6 lover on this one, im suprised it didnt blow either.

·
Casanova&Beautiful 12/09
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, it stalled shortly after. About 200 yards after, I was stuck. Complete and total engine shut down...I wasn't sure why so' i brought it to the dealer' who found absolutely no problems with her. Just a stall is what I concluded. Shrugged it off, and it has never happened again. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts