Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 and the compressor short cycles when the a/c is first turned on. I originally thought it was low on charge so I evacuated the system and weighed in a new charge. I was almost finished charging the system when the compressor began to short cycle(turn on and off). The interior of the car was very warm so I opened all the windows and the A/c began to work normally. Since then the A/C seems to short cycle whenever the interior of the vehcle is very warm.

Please only reply to this post with usfull information. either a solution, things to try or additional info if you are having a problem. No need to post "me too comments"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didnt give that info in the original post.

Its a 2007 pontiac g6 GTP 3.6 with auto A/C

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Have you eliminated the compressor & A/C clutch themselves as intermittent? In other words, is the clutch receiving 12v consistently when A/C is commanded on? If it is not, then you know the problem is on the control side. Do you have a set of A/C gauges & can you interpret them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The problem seems to be on the control side. I am an HVACR technician and I'm very failure with gages and pressures. My first instinct was that the system was under charged so I recovered the refrigerant , pulled a vacuum, and weighed in a new charge. Unfortunately this did not fix the issue. The problem only seems to happen when the inside of the car is hot from sitting in the sun. Once the inside cools off from having the windows down the A.c works fine.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Could be a problem with the auto climate control head or one of it's sensors, you are going to need a dealer's help tracking it down. If you had access to a scan tool that can read GM A/C DTC's, that might give you a clue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts