Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2007 Pontiac G6. The car is blowing hot air. I took it to Pep Boys to get an AC Diagnostic and was told that there is freon in the system however there is an electrical problem. I hear the compressor come on when I press the button but the hot air still blows. I am considering changing out all the fuses connected to the air conditioning system. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there - your particular post here sounds a lot like what my '06 G6 GTP is behaving. The AC used to work quite well, but this year that's not the case. Did you ever figure out what the cause of the issue was, or were you able to fix it?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey there - your particular post here sounds a lot like what my '06 G6 GTP is behaving. The AC used to work quite well, but this year that's not the case. Did you ever figure out what the cause of the issue was, or were you able to fix it?
The member you responded to posted this thread 2 years ago and only made this ONE entry. I doubt you will get a response.
They reported of hearing the A/C compressor mounted on the engine come on. I was not a member at this time. There are a number of reasons A/C can not operate properly. The first thing to do is have A/C gauges hooked up to the Hi and Lo pressure sides and see where the pressures are at. Too much R-134a will cause it to not blow cold air and too little will act similarly, but for different reasons. You really ought to have a qualified A/C tech check things out for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts