Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a new member. I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 with 57k on it. but i have a problem with the a/c. I just changed the a/c compressor but for some reason a/c does not turn on until after 15-20 minutes of driving!?? I have no idea what to do... Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hello I am a new member. I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 with 57k on it. but i have a problem with the a/c. I just changed the a/c compressor but for some reason a/c does not turn on until after 15-20 minutes of driving!?? I have no idea what to do... Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome to our community.

Is your engine coolant temp gauge acting normally?

Did you get a warranty on the A/C system work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the coolent level acts normal.

They said the warranty does not work for me anymore:mad:

But the interesting thing is that once it starts working and you shut down the car and turn it on again, you have to wait for the a/c to start working again.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yeah the coolent level acts normal.

They said the warranty does not work for me anymore:mad:

But the interesting thing is that once it starts working and you shut down the car and turn it on again, you have to wait for the a/c to start working again.
Who replaced the compressor & what was the warranty?

As I'm sure you know, A/C work is expensive & not very DIY friendly. You have to have a set of gauges & know how to interpret them as a starting point. You might call around A/C shops & see how much their diagnostic fee is.

So I assume the A/C clutch is not running for the first 15-20 min after startup?

Do you have manual or auto climate control?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts