Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Why is it that all the dealerships tell me that the 08 factory stereo is not compatible with my 07? Even with the tech2 they said. Is it or not? I have the stereo with the DIC and XM.

2. Is it possible to hook up subs and an amp to the factory stereo not the 6x9 wiring? rather not do that. Keep it seperate. I imagine an aftermarket stereo that has the DIC and XM built in costs a pretty penny.

I appreciate the help!!!! I am still learning about my car! I am sure there will be more questions.:confused:

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
I answered #1 for you here.

As for #2 there re no aftermarket stereos with a DIC. You can put in a seperate DIC with the SCOSCHE GM1593B or METRA 99-3303. The Metra is better though.

Anyway.....educate them. If I had to do it over again I would find an 08 radio then tell the dealership that you will show them a way to retro 05-07 G6ers if they do the tech2 work for free for you. It takes about 5 minutes to do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so why do the dealerships here say that it is not possible? the 08s have the same size display and the DIC and XM?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts