Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 G6 GT, 107000 miles. CEl light has been on for months. 25 mpg town, 32-34 HWY...no loss on gas mileage. I changed the oil a few days ago, disconnected the battery and the CEL went out for two days. Now its back on. Is there a way to pull codes without reader, or do i need to go to autozone and have them read it..
Secondly, i have noticed a vibration/humming when i turn, mainly right. Any slight movement to the right causes the hum/vibration. Is my power steering pump going bad?
Finally, my left front tire area sounds loike it is gonna fly off when i first start driving. it goes away after a few miles, but it sounds like the drivers front tire is wobbly, or loose or something. Lug nuts are tight, no play in the tire either...is this a shock issue?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would take it to Autozone and get the codes ran. I have the SAME EXACT problem with my car vibrating when I turn. It the sound comes from the left front wheel. When I start driving and I hit a bump it sounds like it's loose or something.

08 G6 GT Coupe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, mine does it when going straight too. tie rod maybe..? idk. I just know it goes away after a few miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
depending on what work you have done to the car mechanically (ie- CAI, exhaust mods..etc), that could be part of the reason it is throwing the CEL. You can go to a place like auto zone to hae them read the codes, but I always like doing it myself. There is a great bluetooth OBD2 scan tool that you can get on ebay for about $10-$15 and then you just have to download the app for your phone. You can scan to see what codes its throwing, look them up in the tool and even clear them. Its a much cheaper alternative to typical OBD2 readers. Here is the link to the one I bought: Bluetooth OBD2 Reader

As far as the shaking/vibrating goes- I had a similar instance with my right wheel about 25K ago. I found that my outer tie rod was bad. Also the rim/tire combo I had neede to be aligned and the wheels needed to be rebalanced. If you've lowered the car at all and havent had the car aligned then get that done. If the issue still persists then check the tie rods (jack up car and wiggle tire left to righ and up and down--if there is any play something needs to be replaced)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts