Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 questions about my Interior:

1. Does the shift knob come off from the top or or do I have to take the whole shifter out to install one of the chrome shift knobs off a newer g6?

Is my HVAC controls supposed to be this color? I have read about some peoples controls fading to pink but I am not sure if these are the lights they are talking about and mine are white! Is there any way to change/fix these bulbs to make them red?

3.Finally!

What the hell is that? Is there something there in other models?

·
Registered
103 Posts
ghost,what kit do you have under the stereo for the dic display?
and is that a white backlit display for it i heard you can change colors is that true.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Im sure I have one somewhere....

If you have an auto just pull down the chrome colar and you will see a screw in the front. Take out the screw and the shifter pulls up and right off.

You need to stick it in Low so you have screwdriver room.

As for the orange color.....yeah some of those do that. varies from G6 to G6 on exactly whcih ones.

Will this work? Its just a toggle with a picture of a shoe and arrows left and right.
Its about a 2 yr old picture...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea thanx lampoon that's exactly what I wanted to see. I am thinking of putting a switch there and I wanted to see what a stock switch there looked like.

Thats 2 questions down! Now I just want to know if HVAC controls are supposed to red.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
They are suppossed to be red.....mine are orangish on the right side and red on the left....
I asked pre expired warranty and they said nothing can be done.
I believed them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.