Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it cover a cooling system flush? Getting to be that time (5 years) and I would like to save some cash.

Also, will it cover new brakes? The car had about 60% left on the brake pads according to the dealership paperwork when it was sold to me. Feels like they're almost gone now and I've got about 3,000 of the 12,000 mile warranty left. I've called 3 different dealerships and got different answers every time. One local dealership said the brakes are covered and the others said that they were not because they are "wear items." I never asked about the cooling system flush.

However, on GM's website, it states that the only exceptions to the 12,000 mile warranty are tires, and a few other things. It doesn't say anything about brakes or cooling system flushes.

I know I can do the brakes myself for cheap, but if I can get it for free, I figure why not?

· Registered
422 Posts
I would expect not for the cooling system flush as it is a maintenance item.

The brakes should be considered a wear item, and not covered. I would call the dealership who said the brakes are covered back, and talk to the service manager, and get their name if they say yes, and book an appointment at the same time ensuring that they note that it is covered under warranty in the appointment file.

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Can't say ive ever seen a delearship replace brakes for free. like born2ski its like coolant system would be just maintenance but hey if they wanna do it for free jump on it before they change their mind!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup...if they're gonna do your brakes under warranty get it done quick.
Took my fiancee's Cobalt in for a steering issue and they ended up doing the brake rotors for free in addition to the steering column issues :D. For those of you in the Lansing, MI area, I went to Shaheen Chevrolet. They also did their inspection and found that one of the shocks was leaking so they replaced that as well as all the steering components and refinishing the rotors. All covered under the certified warranty. Needless to say, I was impressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.