Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad recently smacked into a mail box with my g6 and my front bumper needs to be replaced. I found a bumper cover for a decent price but it doesn't include the piece that goes across the bottom that holds the fog lights. I can't really come up with a good name for it but its what you see through the two big openings at the bottom. Also, does anyone have a step by step on how to remove the bumper? One more thing i just thought of....where can i order the pontiac arrow that goes on the bumper since im assuming i won't be able to remove the other well. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
195 Posts
My dad recently smacked into a mail box with my g6 and my front bumper needs to be replaced. I found a bumper cover for a decent price but it doesn't include the piece that goes across the bottom that holds the fog lights. I can't really come up with a good name for it but its what you see through the two big openings at the bottom. Also, does anyone have a step by step on how to remove the bumper? One more thing i just thought of....where can i order the pontiac arrow that goes on the bumper since im assuming i won't be able to remove the other well. Thanks in advance!
ummm ... i think it's called a lower grill and you should search for an aftermarket place around where you live or contact the parts department of your local dealer ... i'm sure they're not expencive ... ok ... taking off the bumper is pretty easy ... i've done it plenty of times at work ... the good thing is that it comes off pretty simple without having to take off the headlamps or anything ... ok ... i'm gonna try ... open the hood ... take out the clips that are holding it on the top ... there's 5 of them i think ... then it's connected to the fender too ... remove the clips that connect the bumper to the fender liner on the side ... you're gonna need something like a clip remover for that cuz those sit pretty deep and are pretty hard to get out ... pull out the fender liner as far as you can and you'll see a screw that connects the bumper to the fender on the very tip of it ... i'm pretty sure it's a 7mm screw ... unscrew that and it should lossen up ... do that on teh other side too ... ok ... now ... bottom ... there are 7mm palstic screws on the bottom that hold the dirt blocker thing ... there's like 10 of them ... take out the cips and unscrew them ... the bumper should come off ... you might have to see what else is holding it ... but it's pretty easy ... top, sides, bottom ... doesn't matter which order you go in ... i usually start from the bottom ... then sided then top ... so yeah ... i hope this helps ...

oh and the pontiac arrow is really easy to take off cuz it's sitting on a double tape piece ... it's pretty hard to break but in case if you do manage to break it you can only get that at a dealership ... or ebay ... so ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
look on e bay

if you look on ebay were are the lower gills at times, and very reasonable, I purchased a set just to play with to see if I could modify into another look..you can find them under g6 pontiac, assessories...usually

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ummm ... i think it's called a lower grill and you should search for an aftermarket place around where you live or contact the parts department of your local dealer ... i'm sure they're not expencive ... ok ... taking off the bumper is pretty easy ... i've done it plenty of times at work ... the good thing is that it comes off pretty simple without having to take off the headlamps or anything ... ok ... i'm gonna try ... open the hood ... take out the clips that are holding it on the top ... there's 5 of them i think ... then it's connected to the fender too ... remove the clips that connect the bumper to the fender liner on the side ... you're gonna need something like a clip remover for that cuz those sit pretty deep and are pretty hard to get out ... pull out the fender liner as far as you can and you'll see a screw that connects the bumper to the fender on the very tip of it ... i'm pretty sure it's a 7mm screw ... unscrew that and it should lossen up ... do that on teh other side too ... ok ... now ... bottom ... there are 7mm palstic screws on the bottom that hold the dirt blocker thing ... there's like 10 of them ... take out the cips and unscrew them ... the bumper should come off ... you might have to see what else is holding it ... but it's pretty easy ... top, sides, bottom ... doesn't matter which order you go in ... i usually start from the bottom ... then sided then top ... so yeah ... i hope this helps ...

oh and the pontiac arrow is really easy to take off cuz it's sitting on a double tape piece ... it's pretty hard to break but in case if you do manage to break it you can only get that at a dealership ... or ebay ... so ...
Thanks for that. It seems easy enough so hopefully it goes on without issue. Only bad thing is how damn cold it is michigan right now....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks for that. It seems easy enough so hopefully it goes on without issue. Only bad thing is how damn cold it is michigan right now....
any time :) ... yeah tell me about it ... i'm in cleveland ohio ... it's 4 degrees fahrenheit right now ... not too hot i'd say

·
Banned
240 Posts
lol @ cold

I hear ya man I am about to go out in the garage also (Port Huron Mi) and take mine off to see how the kit front cover lines up.. It is sooo damn cold !! lol May the force be with me and also with you lolol :bash: I hope I dont feel like doing this when I do it LoL

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey guys im new to the forum but ive had a g6 sedan 3.5 for about a year now. i put in alot of different things so far and now im looking at this new front concept bumper. although i cant tell if you need to buy new for lights to go with it or not. any help anyone can offer is much appreciated. heres the bumper
http://www.kgsengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=22331

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh for real? yea im just trying to make the car a bit different and more unique. guess ill just stick with the origonal bc that was really the only one i liked. but im not about to spend 250 on the bumper and another 150 atleast on paint supplies. thanks for the help man!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts