Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new here (litterally) and have a quick question....... i got hit in my g6 a few days ago and the other guy's insurance people are being bas***** about it so im looking to take their sorry offer and make em eat it by doing it all myself....... now im gonna need a whole new bumper but i found this place on ebay that sells em for around 350 painted and shipped, is that about right? secondly is it hard to get the old one off? and lastly how hard would it be switching the upper honeycomb vents and lower duct vents?

thank a ton for any info

·
Registered
195 Posts
if you've never worked on a car before i'd recomend not doing it yourself because you'll scratch it and stuff ... but if you really want to you could ... it's not that hard ... there's clips and 7mm screws all over the place and the most beautiful part is that you don't have to take the headlights off or anything ... just take it off and put the new one on ...

i work at a body shop and worked on my own G6 a million times ... you're gonna need 7mm ranch, 10mm ranch and a clip remover ... i think that's all you need ... and of course the patience to work on it ...

another thing you might run into is that when you get a new bumper you're gonna need to take all the grills and plastics off safely off the original bumper and put them on a new bumper ... that's another reason why i'd recommend taking it somewhere ...

sorry i didn't quite get what you meant by honeycomp vent and all that ...

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts