Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the factory silver painted trim pieces are starting to peel. I'be decided to repaint them body color along with a few extra items while I'm at it. Here's the before. I'll post up after and reinstalled as soon as I'm done.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
I'm curious to see how this looks.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Do it already! Lol

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lmao! Its in progress. Decided to try and use plasti dip. Its a lot tougher to work with than I would have thought. I have about 1/3 done at this point. I should start some reinstalling on Monday. I'll post some pics then.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's what I have so far. The doors, steering wheel, center console, shifter knob and heater control head are done. I screwed up the radio face and had to redo it, so it's currently back in paint. The cluster surround will be last due to the rubber portion that I can't get tape to stick to so it'll prove to be the most challenging.
Here's pics of it thus far.

This has all been done using white plasti-dip wich I don't think I'll use again. LOL

·
Registered
392 Posts
Why won't you be using plasti dip again?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Because it seems to mark up and rub off to easily. The shift knob has only been installed for 24hrs and all ready looks like its starting to peel.

The radio is now painted and re-assembled. Will be installing today or tomorrow.

·
Legend
782 Posts
They make plasti dip clear coat too. You should look into it if you haven't already.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Looks really good though.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I had thought about clearing over them but was worried about being too shiny. The white is bright enough without extra gloss from the clear.
And as it turns out the knob is not peeling it was just dirty from work lol. Guess my problem isn't the paint its my color choice.

·
Legend
782 Posts
You know you could use a matte clear coat to tone it down a little? It's like 5 bucks at walmart.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
thats allot of work for plasti-dip....

Im not a big plasti-dip fan. Hard to keep clean and you end up having to recoat it
over and over and over etc etc etc....

I have a spare steering wheel emblem I could let go.... ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats allot of work for plasti-dip....

Im not a big plasti-dip fan. Hard to keep clean and you end up having to recoat it
over and over and over etc etc etc....

I have a spare steering wheel emblem I could let go.... ;)
Yeah it was a lot of work, not sure if i'd do it again or not. Might be interested in the spare emblem. Mine didnt make the cut and havent decided what to do in its place yet.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 45 Posts