Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys n gals

Lookin to get an 06' G6 GTP Coupe here in the next couple weeks and was just curious if it was possible for me to swap out the XM satelite radio for a sirius satelite radio?

I'm new to the whole situation so I'm totally clueless.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Kodi :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
You would have to buy an aftermarket headunit that is Sirius capable. The factory headunit is XM only. If you want Sirius do not order the XM option.

The only option to get Sirius and stick with the factory headunit would be to buy a Sirius reciever and have an FM modulator to play it through an unused FM station. Quality is not the best with this set up. I don't know much about the Sirius hardware out there now, so I can't recommend a model or manufacturer to look for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No dislike towards the XM, just some of the show's a regularly listen to are only on Sirius like the Podshow lineup. Oh well, I can just stick with downloading podcasts to the iPod and listening that way. Speaking of which, is there anyway to plus iPod's into the factory stereo? Other then an FM modulator?

Also, thanks for the satelite info, excellent info I wouldn't of been able to find otherwise :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a step by step instruction on how to place an aux jack into 06 G6 GT radio head unit? I have XM. I want to install the XM sure connect in the rear of the head unit. But, if I am going to go thru that, I might as well place an aux jack. Thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts