Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I have 2,600 miles on my '09 G6, however, the OE tires (the FR710s I've talked about before) look like crap. On the front tires, near the outer edge, they have about 6/32" of tread remaining while the inside edge has probably 7/32" or 8/32" of tread left. Thinking it might be an alignment problem (and a severe one to cause that much tread difference after 2600 miles), I took it to the dealer and they performed an alignment under warranty and found that it wasn't out of alignment and they told me the tire wear is normal. Is that normal? I looked up and these tires come with 11/32" (or 10/32") of tread..is it normal for them to have this much wear after such a short life?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

· 2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Its possible that you just got a bad or expired pair of rubbers. It could be an alignment issue, but usually thats something the dealer would see.

Is it like this on all 4 or just the front/rear?

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2008 G6 and noticed similar wear on my front tires. I also went for a warrantied alignment check and it was supposedly fine. It even looked as though it was getting scuffed or choppy on the outer edges, with the inner edges being fine. I had about 20K when I noticed this wear. I currently have about 43K on the same tires and kept a routine rotation. They seem to be wearing pretty evenly though, probably have another 6-10K before wear bars start to show.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.